HQES Wedding Card
HQES custom wedding cards come in various types, such as custom invitation cards to invite your family and friends to be with you on your special day, custom table name cards to show your customers where they should sit, custom thank you cards to appreciate your family and friends for being with you during the wedding.
HQES can make custom wedding cards in many shapes, colors, and sizes for you.
HQES has premium paper stock available for custom wedding cards, including advanced art paper, texture, or any other types of linen paper, velvet finish paper, natural colorful craft paper, and so on. All the paper stocks are recyclable and totally eco-friendly.
Custom Capabilities on Wedding Card
- Color printing: rich your wedding card designs and logo
- Paper Texture: let your wedding cards be in a creative way
- Lamination: make wedding cards much more durable using
- Varnishing: protect wedding card from scratches easily
HQES offers a variety of printing techniques for customized wedding cards. Our capability includes embossing or debossing the couples names making them stand out on your customized wedding cards, foil stamping the image or photos, making them shinier than other decorative parts of your wedding cards, cover an extra glossy or matt lamination onto one side or two sides of your wedding cards and make the wedding cards feel silk.
HQES has more printing finishing to decorate your customized wedding cards, such as UV printing, laser-cut, glitter printing, flocking, and so on. You will definitely get your gorgeous wedding cards customized by HQES.
HQES is a professional wedding card factory from China. Whether for small wedding card wholesale business, or wedding cards bulk orders, HQES has stable QC teams focusing on details of each customized wedding cards.
HQES has professional QA inspectors who specialize in ensuring perfect quality wedding cards are customized. From the raw paper material quality inspection to the whole manufacturing process, HQES QC teams take everything under control.
Wedding Card: The Ultimate FAQs Guide
Importing wedding cards from China is a good business.
However, you can only profit by choosing high quality, and creatively designed weeding cards.
In this guide, you will find all information you need about wedding cards.
Let’s dive right in.
- What is a Wedding Card?
- What is a Cardstock in Wedding Card?
- What Information should you Include in a Wedding Card?
- Which are the Available Types of Wedding Card Paper?
- What are the Factors to Consider When Choosing the Right Cardstock for Wedding Card?
- What is the Appropriate GSM Paper Weight for Wedding Invitation Cards?
- Which are the Available Wedding Card Printing Methods?
- What is the Difference Between Coated Paper and Uncoated Paper in Wedding Card Production?
- Which are the Print-friendly File Format for Wedding Cards?
- What is the Difference Between Thermography and Lithography Wedding Card Printing Method?
- What is the Advantage of Foil Sleeking over Foil Stamping Methods of Wedding Card Printing Methods?
- What are the Advantages of Digital Printing Technique of Wedding Cards?
- How Does Digital and Offset Printing Techniques of Wedding Cards Compare?
- Which are the Available Software for Designing Wedding Cards?
- How do you Design Wedding Cards?
- Do You Provide a Free Wedding Card Template?
- What is the Recommended Size of Wedding Invitation Card?
- What are Wedding Invitation Inserts?
- Do you also Supply Wedding Invitations Inserts?
- What are Some of the Tips for Making the Best Wedding Card?
What is a Wedding Card?
A wedding card is a written invitation that is sent to a recipient requesting them to attend a wedding.
Normally, wedding cards are distributed to recipients 5 to 6 weeks before the wedding day.
What is a Cardstock in Wedding Card?
Otherwise referred to as cover stock, cardstock is a printing paper that is often used to print selected cards.
Not only is it thicker than the normal writing paper but also more flexible and thinner than paperboards.
Wedding cards and business cards are some of the products that are printed using cardstock.
What Information should you Include in a Wedding Card?
Some of the data to include in wedding cards are not limited to;
- Couple’s names
- The wedding dates
- The wedding times
- The venue of the wedding ceremony
- The venue of the wedding reception
- The theme of the wedding ceremony.
- Attire details
- Name of the guest
- Address of the guest
- Return address
- Extra information about the venue of the wedding ceremony e.g. custom map of the area, parking.
Which are the Available Types of Wedding Card Paper?
Wedding card papers come in a variety of types and designs and often it might be challenging to select the ideal ones to deal in.
More practically, it’s important to ensure that you get wedding cards suitable for all wedding themes.
By this I mean, consider having wedding cards for rustic, botanical, traditional, modern, contemporary, and retro-themed wedding ceremonies among others.
This way you not only have a wider selection for your clients but also you can compete effectively in the market.
That said, below are some available types of wedding card paper that you might consider;
- Cotton fiber – Just as the name implies, cotton fiber card paper purely consists of cotton.
The final product is often high quality with a super soft texture not to mention its longer durability.
The best bit is that cotton fiber effectively absorbs every drop of the color richness thus enhancing its appearance.
Whilst carrying all these advantages, it is the costliest card paper.
- Glassine and Clear Vellum paper – Not only are glassines and clear vellum paper translucent and flexible but also thin and smooth.
Just so you should know, Vellum is made from calfskin and therefore this might be the least likely option any Indian would wish to purchase.
Glassine is a glossy paper that is resistant to both water and air.
- Acrylic – Acrylic card paper is a thin sheet of clear, transparent material which many might be enticed to purchase owing to its appearance.
With acrylic, you will require different printing procedures.
Standard foil stamping should be avoided when dealing with acrylic as this would warp the material.
Mostly, a screen-printing technique is applied when printing acrylic.
- Kraft and wood-grain paper – Such wedding card paper is used to make cards that match outdoor themes such as rustic themes.
Kraft and wood-grain paper also portray a DIY touch to it which brings about a more intimate or rather personalized feel to it.
- Linen paper – Linen paper is made from fabric and thus resembles fabric with some texture to it.
Photos printed on such paper are crisp with noticeable texture from a closer look.
- Recycled paper – Different people have different tastes and reception towards different factors.
Some prefer using recycled paper in a bid to stay eco-friendly and conserve nature.
In some places like India, the business of recycled paper is booming and so are recycled paper products.
Keep in mind that such papers also carry a premium cost.
- Parchment paper- Parchment paper is ideal for old-fashioned-themed wedding ceremonies.
Such are the papers that are used to make the scroll type of wedding invitations which are widely embraced.
- Matte paper –The outstanding feature of matte paper is that it hardly catches fingerprints as opposed to other types of papers.
- Mylar paper – Mylar cardstock paper mimics a metallic and shiny finish to it.
- Marbled paper – Just as the name suggests, marble paper resembles marble in appearance.
What are the Factors to Consider When Choosing the Right Cardstock for Wedding Card?
Choosing the ideal cardstock should the number one priority if at all you want to stand out among your competitors.
Seek to understand what kind of cardstock is popularly preferred and ways to maneuver through the existing competition.
Here are some factors to consider when searching for the right cardstock for wedding cards;
- The invitation styles – There are three invitation styles that you might consider when selecting your wedding card stock.
- Folding invitation cards – As opposed to flat invitation cards, folding invitation cards are much lighter.
They are designed so due to their change in layer after being folded since they become thicker.
- Flat invitation card – Flat invitation cards are made of heavy-weight cardstock and often have a single layer of cardstock.
- Layered card – layered cards are found inside invitation pockets.
They are not limited to specific weights but you need to maintain light layers if you have more than 2 layers.
- Preferences – Different people have different tastes and preferences on how they want their cardstock.
While some prefer a light and thinner cardstock, others like thick and heavy cardstock. Therefore, having both designs will place you in a better position to compete effectively in the market.
- The printing procedure- The main factor to consider here is the paperweight capabilities for your printer along with the equipment and print process involved.
It’s important to confirm with your manufacturer regarding their printing capabilities as well as equipment.
Bring samples if possible, to ensure that you get what you want. Some of the commonly used printing methods include the following;
- Digital printing
- Offset printing
- Letterpress printing
- Postage -The more the cardstock weight the more the postage.
Therefore, to minimize the cost of postage you need to lower the weight of the invitation cardstock.
What is the Appropriate GSM Paper Weight for Wedding Invitation Cards?
While cardstock is measured in grams per square meter (gsm) in Europe, in the U.S it is measured in pounds.
Your wedding cardstock should have a paperweight ranging from 240gsm to 290gsm.
Wedding cards under this GSM range are thick but still can bend.
Which are the Available Wedding Card Printing Methods?
Some of the popular professional printing methods for wedding cards are not limited to;
- Thermography – Thermography printing is achieved by using a slow drying ink to print text after which embossing powder is applied.
Keep in mind that this is done when the ink is still wet.
A vacuum is used to get rid of any excess powder and later the paper is heated resulting in the rising of the powder design.
Thermography not only has unique tactile and appeal but also, it’s ideal for traditional themed weddings.
However, it has limitations to the color and design used. In addition to that, it is costly owing to the needed machine setup.
- Digital printing -Digital printing recreates design on paper by making use of toner or ink. With digital printing, there are no limitations to the weight of paper and you can print several colors in a single design.
If you are looking into an economical and quick printing method, digital printing would be an ideal choice.
However, machinery might limit the ability to print on extreme weights and heavily embossed textures.
Also, colors might shift when printing a large run (1000+ pieces).
- Offset printing – This printing method uses aluminum plates to transfer an inked image to rubber rollers and afterward onto your printing surface.
Offset printing is not limited to paperweight and paper surfaces and is capable of printing heavy coverage without any spotting, branding, or steaks.
It achieves a consistent quality print.
- Letterpress printing – Letterpress printing uses raised metal plates that are inked and later pressed onto paper to design an image.
In as much as it’s the oldest printing method, it’s consistent and achieves excellent quality prints.
In addition to that, it has a unique tactile element and zero limitations to the paper surfaces or weights used.
Nevertheless, be ready to experience limitations in colors.
Thick cotton cardstock (300gsm -600gsm) is most ideal for such a type of printing method.
What is the Difference Between Coated Paper and Uncoated Paper in Wedding Card Production?
coated paper wedding card
Coated paper is characterized by a coat made of China clay which brings about a smooth finish to it.
Coated paper is ideal for projects that need a high-quality finish.
On the other hand, the uncoated paper lacks a coating and thus it lacks a smooth finish.
uncoated paper wedding card
Which are the Print-friendly File Format for Wedding Cards?
The most recommended print-friendly format for wedding cards is PDF format.
This way you won’t have any translation inconveniences when shifting your project from computer-computer and printer.
What is the Difference Between Thermography and Lithography Wedding Card Printing Method?
While lithography uses aluminum metal plates to transfer inked images to rubber rollers and printing surfaces, thermography uses a low drying ink to print text.
Afterward, embossing powder is applied and removed by a vacuum.
Heat is then applied which causes the power/design to rise.
What is the Advantage of Foil Sleeking over Foil Stamping Methods of Wedding Card Printing? Methods?
Foil sleeking doesn’t need any special dies as seen with foil stamping. It sticks where digital inks are applied.
Additionally, not only is foil seeking a cost-effective option but also excellent for a short run as well as variable data applications.
Not forgetting that foil sleeking has a shorter turn-around time as compared to foil stamping.
What are the Advantages of Digital Printing Technique of Wedding Cards?
Some of the major pros of digital printing technique are not limited to;
- Cost-effectiveness – Digital printing doesn’t require plates making it very inexpensive more so for shorter print runs.
- High quality – As compared to traditional print methods, digital printing makes use of the Liquid Electronic process which achieves quality results.
- Fast turnaround – Since plates are not needed the set-up time is reduced. Production can commence as soon as you make your order and takes a short time to be done.
This would be an ideal choice when you urgently need your digital print.
- Versatility – Digital printing is quite versatile and flexible in terms of the number of colors you can use.
- Customizable -Variable data printing facilitates customization of individual graphics and text on a print-by-print basis.
- Digital printing technique doesn’t restrict you on color selection or typestyles.
How Does Digital and Offset Printing Techniques of Wedding Cards Compare?
While offset printing techniques make use of rollers and metal plates, digital printing only uses toner or ink and doesn’t require plates and rollers.
Which are the Available Software for Designing Wedding Cards?
When it comes to wedding card design software, there is a diverse selection of software you can consider using to design your cards.
While some of them are free to use, others might require you to make a purchase.
Some of the popularly used design software is not limited to;
- Adobe shark – Not only does it require minimal editing skills but also has several invitation templates to choose from.
- CorelDRAW -In as much as it is costly, CorelDRAW comes with several amazing features such as countless high-resolution images.
Also clip arts that are suitable for editing.
It is one of the best graphic designing tools in the market.
- Adobe InDesign -Adobe InDesign is professional software that offers a range of features and helps in producing quality content for both print and digital.
- Canva – If you are not interested in working using software, Canva is an ideal online designing tool to use for designing your cards.
Several templates are readily available together with other important tools to help you achieve your desired design.
- Edraw Max – EDraw Max is not a cheap software and thus it’s best suited for professionals who can make use of it quite often.
As you would expect, such software will come inclusive with several important features not excluding over 10,000 built-in shapes and clip art.
Not forgetting invitation card samples.
- Adobe Photoshop – Adobe photoshop lets you customize anything when designing your wedding cards.
However, as opposed to sites such as Canva, adobe photoshop might require some skills if you are looking to designing professional wedding cards.
- CardWorks -You can easily download cardWorks for free if you are not using it for commercial purposes.
Not only does it come with countless templates but also, it’s user -friendly and can be used by any business.
How do you Design Wedding Cards?
Every wedding card passes through the design phase where the actual features and theme of the wedding come into consideration.
The availability of many design software has however made this process much easier and faster.
Below are steps that outline how you can easily design wedding cards;
Decide on the Size of Paper
The size of a wedding card shouldn’t be big to the extent that it can’t be posted as a letter.
At the end of the day most clients want to save money on such items and thus having cards that are small and functional is key.
Your wedding cards should not exceed 6 1/6 inches by 11 ½ inches.
You should also take into account that cards smaller than 3 1/2 inches by 5 inches might cost more.
Ensure that your cards can effortlessly fit in a standard-sized envelope.
This should your first consideration to take into account before beginning the printing process of your wedding cards.
If at all you don’t see the need for envelopes for your wedding cards, go for postcard design.
Finally, you can either decide to have portrait, landscape, or square wedding cards based on your taste and preferences.
A landscape card would be ideal if you want to save on printing costs since you can fit a lot of information on a single side while maintaining the design.
Set up your Invites on the Computer
This is where the actual design commences. Invitations are often simple to design as they lack folds or pages.
Adobe Photoshop and Adobe InDesign are some of the print-friendly software used for creating professional, standard projects.
Come Up with a Romantic Color Palette
Color is one factor that brides and grooms use to convey the theme and mood of their wedding.
For instance, creams and gold bring out a luxurious and defined atmosphere while brown tones and grey give the card designs a country feel.
If you want to make use of bold colors, combining burnt orange and navy, midnight blue and metallics, or black and white.
These are some of the fantastic pairs you might consider.
All in all, the color of your cards should be relevant for different wedding themes.
Choose and Format Beautiful Typography
The style and appearance of wedding cards should be inviting and appealing.
You can achieve fantastic typography by using trendy calligraphy fonts and scripts.
Some websites offer free script fonts thereby making your card design much easier.
Be sure to select outstanding fonts with beautiful and unique ampersands.
Also, make the most out of the “&” character at the center of the card to achieve a great finishing to the card layout.
Blending two or three different scripts for instance a curved script font and a normal text would be an ideal combination.
They opposed using a single script font.
Include Decorative Elements
Without decorative elements, your cards will appear to lack something.
This might be section dividers or a border around the edge of the margins.
A simple line between the date and the location can automatically transform the appearance of your cards.
Prepare your Design for Printing
At this stage, you need to ensure that you have all the colors correctly and ready for the printing process.
Ensure that you convert colors to print-friendly CMYK color swatches.
Also, countercheck any missing or wrongly placed characters before submitting them for professional printing.
Do You Provide a Free Wedding Card Template?
Yes. There are numerous wedding card templates for every wedding theme.
You only need to give us an idea of what type of card you are planning to print and we shall be more than willing to advise you accordingly.
wedding card template
What is the Recommended Size of Wedding Invitation Card?
Before, couples preferred 4.5 inches by 6.25-inch rectangular cards.
However, with emerging trends, couples are embracing modern designs which might include circular, scalloped, and square invitations.
Wedding cards invitation come in diverse sizes which are not limited to;
- A6 (4 ¾” * 6 ½”)
- A9 (5 ¾” *8 ¾”)
- A7 ( 5 ¼” *7 ¼”)
- A8 ( 5 ½” * 8 1/8”)
All the above size is recommended for wedding invitation cards. Therefore, it’s up to you to select the one that best suits your preferences.
What are Wedding Invitation Inserts?
An invitation insert refers to an additional card that contains extra information regarding the wedding ceremony.
Sometimes, couples don’t want to crowd the main invitation and opt for an invitation insert to include additional details.
The number of inserts chosen is often determined by the information to be shared with guests.
Which are the Different Types of Wedding Invitation Inserts?
Below are the different types of wedding invitation inserts you might want;
Wedding Website Card
A wedding website card can contain information on the URL of the website in which guests can obtain all the wedding-related information.
In recent times, couples choose to create a website that provides all the information regarding their wedding ceremony.
This helps in avoiding any unnecessary questions as they concentrate on other important staff concerning their wedding.
While some couples provide a blank card for guests to write down their responses, others prefer the “fill in the blank” format.
This assists the couple to know the attendance and other customizable details regarding their guests & wedding ceremony.
The most important factor you shouldn’t forget to include in a response card is the deadline.
Couples should provide these details two to three weeks before the wedding.
RVSP wedding card
A registry card contains all the registry details. Alternatively, couples can also include such details on their websites and skip this card.
Just as the name implies, a directions card is used to explain the directions to the wedding venue.
On the other hand, couples might choose to include a small map of the area highlighting the major landmarks, entrances, and parking areas.
wedding direction card
Pre-wedding and Post-wedding Events Card
Often, couples might either have a pre-wedding or post-wedding event or both.
This wedding invitation insert outlines such information together with the dress code, time, venue, and date of the event.
An attire card is functional when couples have planned a selected theme for attires to be worn in the different venues.
This is the card to include all the specifics about the attires to be worn.
This type of invitation insert is common when couples have their wedding reception at a different location.
A reception card clearly outlines details about the venue such as name, location, and parking at the selected venue.
An accommodation card is mostly used when couples are planning to have a destination wedding.
This type of card insert provides details about the name of the nearest airport, contacts for any hotel reservations, and reservation codes where applicable.
Do you also Supply Wedding Invitations Inserts?
Yes, we do supply wedding invitation inserts upon request.
What are Some of the Tips for Making the Best Wedding Card?
Having the best wedding cards is the ultimate goal for any couple or business dealing in such.
If you intend to effectively compete in the market you need to have a different approach towards how you make your cards.
The same applies to couples who want their wedding to stand out. From the designs and quality to the paper types and price of your cards.
Below are some tips for making the best wedding cards;
- Be sure to order your wedding cards in advance.
Two months before the wedding is ideal timing to make your order.
This way, you will avoid the pressure that comes with the last-minute rush and failure to properly proofread.
- Seek to understand the refund policy in case you need to cancel your order as this might have major impacts.
- When shopping for wedding invitation cards, it’s easy to be undecided on what to select or leave.
Always pick designs that match your expectations as well as your budget.
- Know about the pricing for any additional or urgent order in case you need additional invitation cards.
- Having adequate knowledge of the ideal paper types to use and printing methods is indeed helpful when negotiating custom invitations.
Therefore, do your research and understand the types of papers and printing methods that would best suit your tastes and preferences.
- While paying attention to the printing methods and paper types, you need to remember that a single grammatical error can ruin your cards.
That said, it’s always important to proofread your cards as many times as possible before submitting them for printing.
This way, you will avoid any grammatical mistakes.
- With the ever-emerging trends, people have started to embrace custom illustrations and infographics to come up with distinctive wedding invitations.
At HQES, we design and produce a range of wedding cards for our customers.
This also include a number of paper cards such as stationery card, greeting card, holiday card, Christmas card, post card, and gift card.
Contact us now for all your wedding card needs.