Custom brochures are commonly used for marketing, advertising, trade shows, sales events, and many more.
HQES customizes various paper brochures, which is also named paper pamphlets, paper leaflets, paper flyers, and so on.
HQES is definitely one of the brilliant brochure suppliers for paper brochures. HQES has glossy paper, matt paper, and brown kraft paper with varying thicknesses for customized brochures depending on customer choices.
All these paper materials are recyclable and one hundred percent friendly to our environment.
HQES is one of the professional brochures manufacturers in China. We have been dealing with custom-made quality brochures for over ten years. HQES is good at taking custom orders for printed brochures.
Custom Capabilities on Brochure
- Spot UV printing: your brochure will grab the most attention
- Die-cutting: any type of the brochure can be created out
- Foiled Printing: impressed words will rich your brochure designs
- Lamination: will let your brochure be much more durable using
HQES has a variety of manufacturing processes to get brochures custom printed. They include 4 color offset printing, silk screen printing, UV printing, glitter printing, flocking, hot stamping, and many more.
For standing out logos or any important graphics of brochures, HQES has more unique processes for decorations such as die-cut, embossing, spot UV printing, laser cutting, lamination, and many more.
HQES also has different kinds of folding machines for custom making brochures such as letter or C trifold brochure, gate trifold brochure, roll or double gatefold brochure, accordion Z fold brochure, double or parallel fold brochure, double right angle brochure, French fold brochure, and many more.
All these printed brochures and folded brochures are custom-made by automatic or semi-automatic machines. It’s the reason HQES offers flexible services at the best prices for custom brochure orders from small volume to bulk quantities.
For bulk brochures and wholesale brochures orders, you will definitely get fast delivery from HQES. And for the small quantities of brochures orders, you will get the best customer services and the most competitive prices from HQES.
HQES is a reliable brochure China supplier, trusted by lots of clients from all over the world. HQES has professional and experienced QA teams to ensure every brochure is custom made as perfect as possible.
Brochure: The Ultimate FAQ Guide
I know you’re looking for high quality brochures for your business.
That’s why this guide will answer all questions you have been asking about brochures.
Keep reading to learn more.
- What Is A Brochure?
- What Are The Uses Of A Brochure?
- What Is The Difference Between Brochure And Booklet?
- What Are The Different Types Of Brochures?
- What Are The Benefits Of A Business Brochure?
- What Are The Available Paper And Cardstock Options For Brochures?
- How Do I Choose The Right Paper For My Brochure?
- What Are The Different Coating Choices For Brochures?
- Which Is Better Between Glossy Or Matte Brochure Paper?
- What Makes A Good Brochure?
- Which Size Should My Brochure Be?
- What Are the Key Brochure Design Elements?
- What Are The Steps For Creating An Effective Brochure?
- Why Should I Use Brochure Templates For Design?
- What Are CMYK, RGB, And PMS Concerning Brochure Printing?
- Is It Possible To Print More Than Four Colors On Brochures?
- How Do I Ensure Color Matching For Custom Printed Brochures?
- What Is The Best Resolution For Custom Brochure Artwork?
- How Much Does Brochure Printing Cost?
- How Long Does It Take To Print The Brochure?
- What Type Of Brochure Files Can I Send Or Upload For Printing?
- What Ink And Specialty Options Do You Provide For Brochures?
- What Is Soft Touch Laminate And What Are Its Benefits For Brochures?
- Do You Offer Sample Brochures?
What Is A Brochure?
Brochure refers to a piece of paper made of one or more pages, usually folded and serves to sell products of a company.
What Are The Uses Of A Brochure?
Brochures have a beautiful visual design that helps you catch the attention of the reader, your target audience.
Brochures naturally promote your products, agency as well as services.
Brochures bridge you to your customers. This incorporates trust and good relations with customers.
They are more reliable when it comes to business promotions. This is because they are cost-efficient as compared to other promotional methods e.g., TV and newspapers which are quite costly.
They serve as a reference tool for the products or services offered by your company. Ideally, support efforts put in sales as they provide answers to any rising objections as well improve on credibility.
The use of brochures helps in generating leads for your business which is a boost to sales. The use of brochures also helps you connect with potential customers as they establish communication channels.
What Is The Difference Between Brochure And Booklet?
A booklet refers to a book, usually small and thin, and is likened to one found with audio compact disks. Conversely, a brochure is a booklet onto which informative matter is printed, resembles a pamphlet, and serves more often in promotions.
What Are The Different Types Of Brochures?
- Gate Fold Brochure- A kind of brochure, made up of quality paper with a design that is folded inward making it easy to carry.
- Bi-Fold Brochure- A kind of brochure that has a layout that appears more formal as compared to tri-fold brochures.
- Tri-Fold Brochure- A commonly used brochure type that has sufficient space where graphics and information concerning a company are displayed by designers.
- Z-Fold Brochure- A type of brochure whose fold design is likened to that of an accordion and can fully spread out, with a large vivid image.
What Are The Benefits Of A Business Brochure?
They are small but carry information in detail. Brochure are made in such a way that a lot of information concerning a business is shared.
However, they are compact when it comes to size and shape.
Versatility is extremely high. They can be sent by mail, distributed at events, or used on locations which makes them highly versatile.
Distribution of brochures to the audience being targeted is easier.
Regardless of the method used to distribute them, a brochure is simple and more convenient in targeting an audience.
They are cost-effective when it comes to marketing.
Getting your brochures printed in bulk costs you less and they can serve you in several different ways including marketing.
What Are The Available Paper And Cardstock Options For Brochures?
- 70 lb. Paper Uncoated- Among the cardstock and paper options, it is the lightest with a smooth surface suitable for writing on.
- 80 lb. Paper- It is coated using a matte or gloss finish on both ends and it is slightly thicker than 70 lb.
- 100 lb. Paper- It has a fine-textured finishing, sturdier than magazine paper coated with a gloss or matte finish which enhances their vibrancy.
- 14 pt. Cardstock Uncoated- Made in search of a way that you can write on it on both sides with the help of a pen or marker. Has a sturdier finishing which makes it resistant to folds and creases.
- 14 pt. Cardstock- Cardstock with a shiny gloss coating or subdued matte, usually durable and resistant to folds and creases.
- 16 pt. Cardstock- It is an added credibility to business since it’s heavier and thicker when compared to 14-pt cardstock.
How Do I Choose The Right Paper For My Brochure?
You should consider the following when choosing the right paper for brochure:
Choose A Quality Paper For Your Printing Catalog.
Paper comes with several different weights and sizes. A choice is made based on your print catalog design, either 8.5 by 5.5 or 12 by 12.
When it comes to weight, the best options revolve around 70lbcoated, 80lb uncoated and 100lb coated.
Choose What Finish Fits Your Needs.
A coated paper, for instance, a glossy finish adds a level of attractiveness and perfect look even though it is costly.
Make An Environmentally-Friendly Choice.
Regarding voiced concerns over pollution, print companies are advised to use certified papers which help curb the carbon footprint problem. These are FSC and SFI certified papers that ensure maximum environmental protection.
What Are The Different Coating Choices For Brochures?
- Gloss- A kind of coat whose paper does not allow ink to get absorbed into the paper fibers and gives a higher quality reflection with a prestigious appearance.
- Matte- A perfect compromise that is shinny enough to make your piece of work look great. It does not come with a glossy glare, which makes it easier to read text.
- High gloss UV- It is a glossy liquid usually applied to a printed paper surface and cured on a printing press using ultraviolet light.
- Uncoated- A kind of coat with an organic texture that is natural-looking.
Which Is Better Between Glossy Or Matte Brochure Paper?
Both glossy and matte would work best depending on your kind of project, which means there exists no better option. In most cases, glossy paper is used for projects involving brochure printing.
This does not give it an advantage over matte since there exist instances where the matte paper would do best.
Matte Vs. Glossy Brochure Finish
What Makes A Good Brochure?
Here are key considerations:
A brochure that is well written creates awareness especially if the company or products and services are new and not well-known people.
Brochures contain informative information that you might need for future reference. They as well provide solutions to disturbing questions by readers.
Moreover, a good brochure helps establish the company as a helpful resource.
They purely present information. Customers are convinced of the pros of trying out products and services basing on what they want them to do.
For instance, visiting their website could be an example of how a call to action is presented through brochures.
They Are Complete.
Brochures may not contain all the information a company may want to share but gives a summary of what is expected of the company. Scope of what a company looks like, what it offers on the table, and so on.
Contact details are always part of the information in case the reader might want to get more information about the company.
They Are Consistent.
They play an overall communication strategy as they are consistent in tone and basic message. The reader should be in a position of reading, seeing, and hearing the same message.
Which Size Should My Brochure Be?
To come up with the best size for your brochure, a few factors are considered. This includes the size of your content and what the brochure will be used for.
If there is too much content to share out, you should choose a bigger size for information to be presented in the best way. Less massive content gives room for flexibility.
The use of this brochure is also vital when it comes to deciding on size. The means to send them, storage as well as renewal.
The commonly used brochure size options are A4 and A5.
An A4-size brochure tends to work well when there is too much information to share. It is a cost-effective printing method which is an added advantage.
An A5 size brochure is smaller and would do best with sharing less information. Despite giving room for creativity, it is the cheapest option one could go for.
What Are the Key Brochure Design Elements?
Some of the main design elements include:
Command Attention With The Cover.
Creating an eye-catching cover captures the reader’s attention and captivates them to read more since it’s the most crucial brochure part. It should be simple with minimal phrase words, a company’s logo, and a captivating image to avoid cluttering.
Attract Attention With Compelling Text.
Apply compelling techniques that make your work stand out with a lot of professionalism when conveying your message. This helps to arouse the curiosity of the reader to go further.
Use Appropriate Colors To Set The Tone.
Colors would do best in setting the mood for your message which fully depends on the kind of business or service. More serious businesses will work best with neutral hues whereas fun-based ones work perfectly with bright colors.
Apply The Right Font Type And Size.
The right font and size that is easy to read sets the mood of your message. Headings look better in large fonts with subheadings in smaller ones.
These varying sizes provide the reader with a good visual interest making them want to read more.
Strategic Use Of White Space.
Draw the reader’s attention to information and images that are key by using white space. These ease cluttering of words and overdoing your work thereby making brochures look more professional.
Organize With Boxes.
The use of boxes also helps draw attention to key areas. As much as using them is beneficial it should not be overdone.
Choose An Appropriate Fold.
The most common brochure fold types are trifold and Z-fold. A Z-fold applies when presenting too much information. A basic trifold layout serves best for brochures with less information.
Apply photographs to make your brochure work lively.
You can pass a message concerning your company with the help of pictures and not necessarily in the text. Minimal photos should be used to avoid overwhelming the reader.
What Are The Steps For Creating An Effective Brochure?
- Cover- An eye-catching cover design is recommended since a cover is the most integral part of a brochure. It influences people to read further by capturing their attention.
- Headings- Headings and titles are the most targeted sections.
All vital information is included here as most people preview your work by reading headings and subtitles first. It gives them a scope of what to expect.
- Copy- Customers should be involved in all of the copy or text focusing on their needs. As a way of engaging them, you come out clean on how your company can meet those needs thus creating that connection.
- Photographs- Consider using photographs that are professional with the best resolution to avoid your work looking blunt. Photos should be minimal to cut on overwhelming text information.
- Fold- Selection of the ideal brochure fold type is done basing on the length of your text to avoid distortion. A bi-fold having one-fold, z-fold that works well for lengthy brochures, and a tri-fold the most common which involves three-fold.
- Typeface- The font applied and typeface should be simple for easy reading. Recommended types that are legible include Georgia, Century Schoolbook, and Palatino.
- Captions- Captions should be kept short and precise to avoid clutter and be persuasive since most people tend to read them more than anything else.
- Call To Action- Involves convincing customers to make orders at the moment by running the offer available for a limited period.
- Printer- Printers are the most vital tools. Online printing companies could do best and are less expensive than locals.
Why Should I Use Brochure Templates For Design?
You should consider design templates due to the following reasons:
- Are easy to use as they are readily available.
- Save on costs that may incur as well as time.
- Increase flexibility as users get ideas to work on their custom templates or modify the available options.
- Provide consistency and uniformity in terms of appearance.
- Help minimize errors by enforcing essential content only.
What Are CMYK, RGB, And PMS Concerning Brochure Printing?
RGB refers to a color model available on your software program which allows mixing of red, green, and blue as the primary colors.
CMYK– A 4-color process that involves mixing percentages of Cyan, Magenta, Yellow, and Black to reproduce photographic imagery or complex color blends. The model partially or entirely works on masking colors on light background usually in white.
PMS on the other hand are specific-colored inks that are created using RGB or PMS colors. They are later converted to a CMYK equivalent color during the proofing process.
Is It Possible To Print More Than Four Colors On Brochures?
Printing of brochures with more than four colors is possible with offset printing.
A printing process that involves mixing of 4-color inks which produce hundreds of thousands of colors.
How Do I Ensure Color Matching For Custom Printed Brochures?
Since not all RGB and PMS colors have a CMYK equivalent, which is the main cause of color changes from the original file.
It is advised that your graphics are converted to CMYK offset printing, where color expectations are set on what printing press can produce. By so doing, color matching is achieved for custom brochures.
What Is The Best Resolution For Custom Brochure Artwork?
The recommended resolution for custom brochure artwork should be 300 dpi on the minimum for you to attain a good result outcome. This helps graphics stand out thus avoiding a fuzzy appearance.
How Much Does Brochure Printing Cost?
In most instances, the cost of printing brochures depends on the size of your order. Massive ordering is encouraged as it is cost-efficient. The larger the order, the cheaper the price and vice versa.
How Long Does It Take To Print The Brochure?
Brochure printing can be done at any given period depending on the size of the order and your urgency to use them. Printing is possible within the same day of order submission.
Alternatively, it may take up to 5 business days which helps you save more on your order.
What Type Of Brochure Files Can I Send Or Upload For Printing?
The most preferred file format is PDF. The files can be uploaded in the following formats; PDF, TIFF, TIF, JPEG, JPG, or EPS.
What Ink And Specialty Options Do You Provide For Brochures?
- Foil- a type of stamp used to reflect light, maybe shiny or metallic.
- Embossing- a process in which a shape or image is pressed to attain a raised effect.
- UV Spot- A shiny coating applied only to certain spots of paper, a logo, headline, or accents.
What Is Soft Touch Laminate And What Are Its Benefits For Brochures?
Soft-touch laminate is a print finish that is velvet and depicts quality giving an instantaneous high-end feel to any printed material.
Benefits Of A Soft Touch Laminate Include;
Even though a soft touch laminate gives a thrilling fine finish effect, it also protects and prolongs the finish of your print. This helps your brochures to serve customers for a long period without wear and tear.
Protects Against Blemishes
Soft-touch laminate is known to pose several functions. Its unique texture does not diminish color or quality especially for colors like black and blue which tend to attract blemishes.
Encourages Engagement With Your Brochure
A first impression image is always key in business as it reflects your brand image positively giving a boost to customer engagement. Brochures’ designs should therefore stand out with a lot of professionalism, a way to depict quality work.
Perfect Companion For Other Printing Techniques
Commonly seen with foil blocking, gloss varnish, and embossed features. Soft-touch laminate invites an array of wonderful printing techniques and processes to join the party.
Do You Offer Sample Brochures?
Sample brochures are offered by some companies in most instances in case there is a need by consumers.
Despite having sample brochures online, it is always difficult to tell if they are of good quality or if the ink is printed.
Getting a chance to see and feel them in person before purchasing is of great advantage to the company as well as consumers.
It creates that bond between the company and potential buyers as well as building the company’s reputation.
In addition, it creates good customer relations as well as trust if the work is done is quality.
Depending on your unique requirements and specifications, HQES, will help you find the right paper catalogue for your business.
Contact us today for all your brochure needs.