HQES: Your Most Innovative Flower Box Supplier
HQES custom flower boxes are sometimes called custom floral boxes too. They come in different types of paper materials. Different paper materials always create unbelievable fancy flower boxes. For example, if you use C1S paper, C2S paper, and other white paper with cardboard of less than 500gsm, the flower boxes can be custom made as a flat pack. But if you use thick or rigid paper cardboard, the flower boxes will be custom made as rigid gift boxes. All the paper material HQES uses is recycled and eco-friendly.
HQES customizes different shapes of flower boxes, such as round rose boxes, square boxes, or heart-shaped flower boxes, with separation cards inside the flower boxes, and many more. All customized flower boxes can be used for creative flower or planter box packaging on many special occasions.
Custom Capabilities on Flower Box
- Die-cutting: will rich the shapes of flower box greatly
- Foldable Design: help to save the storage space of flower box
- Laminating: will help flower box to be waterproof
- Embossing: standing out your design onto flower box
HQES is a reliable flower box wholesale supplier from China with fully equipped facilities; hence, we manufacture all these flower boxes ourselves. As a result, we offer fairly flexible services and take orders from small to large quantities, with no minimum orders.
HQES customizes printed flower boxes using different types of printing machines. We use CMYK offset printing machine or UV machine to feature your logo and graphics onto a customized flower box, an embossing machine to emboss your logo and company name feeling as engraving decorations, and a die-cutting machine to cut out fancy shapes onto the customized flower boxes, and many more. HQES uses many technics to decorate your customized flower boxes.
Fast responses and fast samples let HQES win many more custom orders than others. HQES guarantees on-time delivery and quality of flower boxes, making us have a long cooperation relationship with over 1000+ clients.
Flower Box: The Ultimate FAQ Guide
If you have any question about flower box, you will find the answer right here.
This guide covers everything you need to know about flower boxes – from best material type, benefits, features, printing options to customization options, amongst others.
So, read this guide to learn more on flower boxes.
- What is a Flower Box?
- What is Flower Box used for?
- Which Materials are used to make Flower Box?
- How are Flower Boxes made?
- Which Flower Box Styles do you offer?
- Are there Different Strengths and Thickness of Flower Boxes?
- What are the Benefits of Flower Box for Packaging?
- What are Some of the Arrangements to Consider for Flower Box?
- How much do Flower Boxes Cost?
- What are the Available Sizes of Flower Box?
- Our Flower Boxes made from Environmentally Friendly Materials?
- What are the Environmental Benefits of Paper Box for Flower Packaging?
- What is the Difference Between Eco-friendly and Sustainable Material for Flower boxes?
- Can you customize Flower Box? How?
- Which Branding Elements can you include on Custom Flower Box?
- What are the Available Flower Box Colors?
- What is the Turnaround Time for Flower Box?
- Which Display Features do you offer for Flower Boxes?
- Do you have a Minimum Order Quantity for Flower Box?
- Which Techniques do you use in Printing Flower boxes?
- What is the Best Ink for Printing Custom Flower Box?
- What are the available Surface Finishing Options for Flower Box?
- What is the difference between Embossing and Debossing for Flower Boxes?
- What are the Recommended Storage Conditions for Flower Boxes?
- How do you Choose the Right Size Flower Box?
- Do you Provide Flower Box Samples?
- How do you Test the Quality of Flower Boxes?
- Does Flower Box Require Special Handling during Shipping?
- What are some Practical Design Considerations for Flower Box Packaging?
- What File Formats do you Recommend for Saving and Uploading Custom Flower Box Artwork?
- What is the Shelf Life of the Flower Box?
What is a Flower Box?
It is a folding box made from paperboard through a series of steps; cutting, folding, lamination, printing, and gluing.
It is used to package flowers and can be folded to be flat before it is filled with products.
What is Flower Box used for?
Some of the uses of flower box include:
- Storage: Flower boxes are used to hold flowers during shipping.
- Security: The flower boxes protect their contents from damage.
- Aesthetic value: They are beautiful and thus serve the function of decorating spaces they are stored.
- Gift-giving; Flower boxes are used to issue flowers as gifts to loved ones.
Which Materials are used to make Flower Box?
Some of the materials which are used to make flower box include:
- Clay coated news back (CCNB): A recycled board made from a blend of recycled newsprint mixed secondary paper and corrugated containers. It is not rigid and has a glossy surface, coated on one side and the other either brown or grey.
- Natural Kraft or coated unbleached Kraft (CUK): It is made from material that is one hundred percent recyclable and is coated with polyethylene resin.
Kraft paper is durable, strong, and can resist tearing.
- Solid-Bleached sulfate (SBS): Made from bleached chemical pulp and is a board of medium density coated on top surface and the reverse side. It has excellent printing qualities and makes high-end graphics appear crispy.
How are Flower Boxes made?
The process of making flower boxes entails a series of steps which include:
Which Flower Box Styles do you offer?
Some of the most common styles of carton boxes that we offer include:
Reverse Tuck End (RTE) flower boxes: They possess closing panels known as tuck flaps on opposite sides.
One of the panels is located at the front and the other at the back.
They are easy to assemble and suited for lightweight items.
- Straight Tuck End (STE) Flower Boxes; Have tuck ends on the same side, which gives a flower box cleaner look, you cannot see raw edges. They are easy o assemble, suited for lightweight items, and can be stored flat.
- Lock Bottom Flower Boxes: These are suited for heavier items and have a tuck top closure. They are relatively costlier.
- Crash Bottom Flower Boxes/ Auto-Lock Bottom Flower Boxes: They are pre-glued at their top to give them extra strength. They possess a bottom that automatically goes into place can be loaded, assembled quickly, and stored flat.
Top Tuck Flower Boxes: Provide a creative way of displaying items that are light in weight.
- Five-Panel Hanger Tab Flower Boxes: A hanger panel that is longer and extends from the panel at the back. It is used to display lightweight items in retail stores as they are easily modified to include cutouts.
Are there Different Strengths and Thickness of Flower Boxes?
There are different strengths and thicknesses of flower boxes, and you must decide the kind that suits your products.
The flower box thickness select should hold your products’ weight though is essential to keep the assembling process in mind.
Therefore, you should not waste money and efficiency on a flower box material that is very thick.
The thickness of a standard flower box generally lies in between the .016 or .018 caliper range.
A flower box for counter display may use a thicker paperboard of about .024.
What are the Benefits of Flower Box for Packaging?
Some of the benefits of flower box for packaging include:
- Efficient use of space: Flower box packaging is light in weight, can fold flat, and is easily stacked, which saves space.
- Ease of use: The folding designs of the flower box make it easy to open and reclose where need be.
- Suitable for automatic packaging: They make it easy for filling and sealing by automated machinery.
- Inexpensive: Flower box packaging is cost-effective.
- Offer tons of flexibility: They can store products in all sorts of shapes.
- Strong and durable: This feature enables them to ensure that products are safe.
What are Some of the Arrangements to Consider for Flower Box?
Some of the arrangements to consider for the flower box include:
- Single accent: Single type to obtain a pop of a color that is solid.
- Multi-color: Ensures a colorful mix but has a uniform texture.
- A mixture of heights is used in a mixed arrangement.
- Round design: Tall ones are placed at the center and surrounded by trailing ones.
- Front-facing design: Short ones are placed in front while taller ones are placed at the back.
How much do Flower Boxes Cost?
The cost of flower boxes varies depending on several varying factors, which include:
- Cost of material.
- Manufacturing efficiency.
- The printing technique used.
- Quantity ordered.
- Ease of loading the flower box with the product.
What are the Available Sizes of Flower Box?
Some of the box sizes for flower box include:
- Extra large
Different sizes of flower box
Our Flower Boxes made from Environmentally Friendly Materials?
Flower boxes are made from environmentally friendly materials that are either recyclable, non-toxic or reused, or decomposed.
They thus ensure environmental protection as they do not pose any harm to the environment.
What are the Environmental Benefits of Paper Box for Flower Packaging?
Companies are nowadays taking environmental concerns seriously because most consumers are aware of eco-friendly packaging.
Some of the benefits of paper box for flower packaging include:
- Many flower box manufacturers follow certifications by FSC and SFI, which encourage forest sustainability.
These manufacturers must give back to the environment through activities like planting trees to replace cut ones.
- Flower boxes are usually shipped flat, which cuts down the amount of fuel required to move the boxes to their destination.
- Many manufacturers of flowerboxes are making use of recycled paper pulp and non-wood pulp.
- Flower box packaging is easily recycled, can be reused, and is non-toxic.
What is the Difference Between Eco-friendly and Sustainable Material for Flower boxes?
Eco-friendly material flower box refers to that which contributes to green living or practices which help in conservation of resources.
Sustainable material for flower boxes refers to that produced with the idea of environmental conservation in mind.
They are manufactured with little natural resources, and products can be disposed of in a friendly way to the environment.
The main mission of sustainable material for flower boxes is to conserve the environment.
Can you customize Flower Box? How?
Flower boxes are easily customizable, and we can infuse them with whatever customization features you like.
These eye-catching customization designs that we do to your flower box will ensure your boxes are set apart from competition.
We can help customize your flower box by making it to your specific color requirement and including all the designs preferred.
Also, the surface finishing option is made to suit your specifications.
Just show your ideas to us at HQES, and will give excellent customization features and flower box quality to you.
It is because we have professional design and development personnel to ensure that you obtain customized services products.
Also, we can customize your flower box to different shapes and sizes to suit your needs.
We can also add marketing options like cutouts which offer a sneak peek of the contents and add interest.
Which Branding Elements can you include on Custom Flower Box?
Some of the elements you can include on custom flower box include:
- Logo: Flower boxes should have pride of place
- Company Colors: Go bold with your company colors as they highlight your brand.
- Typography: Make sure you incorporate a font that remains consistent with the identity of your brand.
- Shapes: Do not be limited to one type of shape but be versatile to the wide range of shapes available.
What are the Available Flower Box Colors?
Flower boxes are available in so many colors to choose from, some of which include:
What is the Turnaround Time for Flower Box?
Flower boxes that are in stock can be shipped out and collected right away. However, for custom orders, you will allow about 14 business days.
Which Display Features do you offer for Flower Boxes?
Some of the display features that we offer for flower boxes include:
- Inserts: It is a piece of paperboard glued or folded to ensure it fits into your flower box to secure loose items.
This feature is important, especially if you have fragile or several items you need to secure from crashing.
- Window patching: This is a thin film of plastic attached to the flower box’s die-cut window often used for high-end products.
It gives customers a glimpse of the contents in the box.
- Custom cutouts: This feature entails cutting out part of the paper board to display products inside the flower box. Custom cutouts can be designed in any shape so long as it reflects your brand.
- Thumb tabs: They are circular cutouts made in the main panel of the flower box for easier opening.
Do you have a Minimum Order Quantity for Flower Box?
The minimum order quantity for flower boxes is about fifty pieces, and you may order as much as you wish.
It is important to note that the more you buy, the more quantity discount you will enjoy.
Which Techniques do you use in Printing Flower boxes?
Some of the printing techniques that we use for printing flower boxes include
It is a versatile method and is mostly used for the mass production of flower boxes.
It entails using printing plates constructed from aluminum, each holding an image that needs to be printed.
These plates are then moved onto rubber blankets or rollers before being submitted to the flower box.
The flower box does not contact the metal plates, making them have a longer life span.
This printing technique is good at high image production and used for either large or small flower box volume prints.
This technique uses semi-liquid inks that dry quickly and can print large volumes of flower boxes.
The process uses flexible photopolymer printing plates, which are wrapped around rotating cylinders on a web press.
The inked plates contain slightly raised images of their contents and are rotated at a very high speed. This rotation speed enables the image to be transferred to the flower boxes.
Flexography printing is a common choice due to its suitability for long runs. It is known for high press speed, and ability to print on different materials.
It is a modern method that covers several techniques like laser and inkjet printing. This technique sends images directly to the printer using files that are digital like PDFs.
It does not require using a printing plate used in other printing techniques like lithography and saves lots of money.
When in-demand of flower boxes, digital printing allows for quick turnaround, and it is also great for small jobs.
Digital printing produces prints of very high quality, and is a cost-effective method when used for the right flower box.
It is a printing technique that uses mesh or fine material to transfer an image onto the flower box material. The mesh is stretched to create a screen, and ink is pressed against its surface to print the image successfully.
Screen printing requires much setting up, therefore, most suited for printing flower boxes in bulk not good for small orders. However, it is cost-effective if you need the same image on many or all your flower boxes.
The 3D printing technique allows the printing of dimensional images which attract your audience to your flower boxes. The desired objects you need on flower boxes are made using electronic sources or 3D models by fusing them.
It is becoming increasingly common as it produces high-quality prints and the turnaround times are very fast.
This form of printing uses ultraviolet light to dry ink during the printing process. This prevents it from sinking into the flower box material.
LED UV saves time, no wait for the ink to dry and produces clearer and sharper images on flower boxes.
It is also eco-friendly because it uses less power.
This printing method is also not limited to a specific type of flower box material or certain print jobs.
What is the Best Ink for Printing Custom Flower Box?
Water-based flexographic inks have been the most commonly used in on flower boxes for the longest time.
They have a great adhesion that makes the flower boxes withstand wear and tear throughout their lifespan.
Water-based inks can be trapped by overprinting using several colors in the flower box printing process.
For some freezer applications that need flexography printing, then solvent inks are a perfect choice.
It is because the solvent is resistant to the effects of condensation.
What are the available Surface Finishing Options for Flower Box?
Some of the available surface finishing options for flower box include:
It is whereby a thin plastic surface is pasted on the surface of the flower box.
A lamination machine makes material hot and presses it onto the flower box surface, making it easy to drop off.
Lamination protects the surface of the flower box from contamination by water and dampness. It is also used to decorate the flower box and makes it very strong.
Some of the types of lamination used on flower boxes include:
- Glossy lamination gives the surface of your flower box a glossy feeling and protects it from dampness and water.
- Matte lamination gives the flower box’s surface a luxurious and matte feeling and makes it waterproof.
- Soft-touch lamination: Make the flower box’s surface have a smooth feel when touched. It is relatively more expensive than the other methods of lamination.
- Ant-scratch lamination; Flower box has no marks even when scratched and mostly used for dark backgrounds.
It gives a liquid finish to flower boxes and makes than clear shiny, silk coating, or matte.
It protects the print of the flower box and prevents its color from fading or rubbing off.
It is affordable as compared to other surface finishing options and faster to brush and dry.
Some of the types of varnishing that used on flower boxes include:
- Glossy varnishing
- Matte varnishing
- UV varnishing
- Highlight varnishing
Hot Foil Stamping
It is a surface finishing option that transfers the foil material onto the flower box’s surface under high temperatures. It makes flower boxes appear more luxurious and have a longer life span.
Some of the types of hot foil stamping used on flower boxes include:
- Gold foil stamping
- Silver foil stamping
This surface finishing option entails designing a metal plate with different heights and pressing it on the flower box.
Once this is done, embossing will be displayed.
It is an Opti-sited process of making embossing, and all you need to do is change the brand area raised. It is important to ensure the depth is not too big to avoid tearing off the flower box.
It is the use of UV coating on a specific area of the flower box. It allows the addition of extra layers for thickness and makes it shiny.
The area where this option is done should not be too small as it will look blurry. It should also not be too big because it will be quite costly.
What is the difference between Embossing and Debossing for Flower Boxes?
Some of the differences between embossing and debossing include:
- Cost: Embossing is costlier than debossing because it requires using two dies or plates to print on flower boxes.
- Details: Embossing ensures details of the flower box design are very clear and finer as compared to debossing
- The number of plates needed: Debossing requires one plate at the front, and the process is not labor-intensive. On the other hand, embossing requires two dies or plates because they should push on the flower box’s surface from both sides.
- Surface finishing: Embossing produces a design that pops on the flower box’s surface; debossing makes the flower box design appear recessed.
What are the Recommended Storage Conditions for Flower Boxes?
Some of the recommended storage conditions for flower boxes include:
- Store unfulfilled flower boxes in the flat manner in which they were received from the manufacturer.
- Keep the flower boxes at fifty percent relative humidity and seventy-two degrees Fahrenheit.
- Relative humidity, which is fluctuating, may loosen the flower boxes’ bond; thus, it is essential to store them well.
- Avoid moisture that is uneven as it might cause warp.
- Please do not subject your flower boxes to fluctuating moisture as their dimensions might change.
- Flower boxes are stored on surfaces that are clean and flat.
How do you Choose the Right Size Flower Box?
Some of the factors to consider when choosing the right size of flower box include:
- Early consideration of the size: Ensure you have in mind the most appropriate size for your flower box before placing an order.
- Weight: Size and weight are directly correlated. Thus, ensure that you have decided the final weight you want for the flower box when selecting the size.
- Price: The larger the size of the flower box, the more it will cost, and the smaller the size of the flower box, the lower it will cost.
Do you Provide Flower Box Samples?
We do provide flower box samples if you would like to ascertain their nature before making an order.
Depending on the specifications which you need, the contents of the sample pack will be different.
For specific flower box requests, it is good that you reach to us for assistance.
Samples of your flower box design grant you the chance to carry out last-minute adjustments. Then your packaging design is sent for mass production to commence.
How do you Test the Quality of Flower Boxes?
The testing methods used to test the quality of flower boxes include:
- Bursting strength test: It tests the strength of the flower box when subjected to pressure.
The main aim of this test is to determine the exact weight which the flower box can carry.
- Water resistance of the gluing: Tests the water resistance of the glue lines on a flower box.
This test aims to establish the impact of moisture permeability, climatic conditions, and water absorption of flower boxes.
- Cobb sizing tester: It tests the flower box’s resistance to water and measures the increase in weight when exposed.
The main aim of this test is to establish the porosity of the flower box and its quality.
- Edge crush test: Used to determine the cross-direction crushing of a flower box.
This test aims to establish the quality of material, pallet shipping endurance, and stacking strength.
- Paper grammage and thickness: It tests the thickness and areal density of flower boxes to establish their rigidity and quality.
- Scuff resistance test: Determines the resistance to abrasion of printed flower boxes.
It serves the function of ensuring that printed texts on flower boxes can withstand rubbing and wearing.
- Box compression test: It tests the strength of flower boxes to compression. The main aim of this test is to establish the stacking strength of a load on a pallet.
- Puncture resistance: These tests the resistance of the flower box to penetration by solid and sharp objects.
This test aims to determine the strength of the flower box and its sturdiness when being transported.
- Chemical analysis in flower box testing tests resistance of flower boxes to chemicals to determine formulation and compliance to regulations.
Does Flower Box Require Special Handling during Shipping?
Because flower boxes are very sensitive to changes in humidity and temperature, the following requirements are ensured during transportation:
- During the manufacturing process, the flower boxes are packaged into neat stacks and the same size. They are then loaded well by stacking them evenly without kinks.
- The boxes in which the flower box cargo is placed are made from durable material and resistant to moisture.
- Any little space which is available in the flower box cargo is filled with soft material.
- The flower boxes are packed in thick and brown paper and reinforced with tape or twine.
They can also be wrapped in a stretch film.
- The flower boxes are then labeled according to their contents.
- The flower boxes are fixed securely inside the mode of transport being used.
What are some Practical Design Considerations for Flower Box Packaging?
Some of the practical design considerations for flower box packaging include:
- Color to use on the flower box packaging.
- Where will your logo be positioned on the flower box?
- Material selection.
- Paperboard thickness.
- Cost consideration.
What File Formats do you Recommend for Saving and Uploading Custom Flower Box Artwork?
Some of the file formats that we recommend for saving and uploading custom flower box outlines include:
- Graphics Interchange Format (GIF)
- Portable Document Format (PDF)
- Tagged Image File Format (TIFF)
- Portable Network Graphics
- Joint Photographic Experts Group (JPG)
- Encapsulated PostScript (EPS)
- PSD files.
- DXF files
What is the Shelf Life of the Flower Box?
The shelf life of flower boxes varies depending on the type of material, temperature, and relative humidity.
It is important to make sure flower boxes are stored at seventy-two degrees Celsius and relative humidity of fifty.
If there are any fluctuations in these, the fiber bonding and adhesive strength might fluctuate, thus reducing the shelf life.
At HQES, we offer a range of paper boxes depending on your specific needs and requirements.
Whether you need corrugated box, gift boxes, pillow boxes, favor boxes and cosmetic boxes, amongst others.
Contact us now for all your flower box needs.